Are you interested in providing your community with healthy meals and drinks made fresh daily? Are you interested in learning more about nutrition and sharing that information with others? Do you like interacting with people who share the same passion for healthy food as you do? Why not work for a revolutionary restaurant that has created a health conscious environment for both its customers and its employees? Working as a Cashier/ Juicer for Green Table will allow you to serve locally sourced, gluten free, organic, and vegetarian dishes to people who care about what they eat. If you think you have what it takes to be a member of Green Table’s team, put in an application today!
As a Cashier/ Juicer your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting all customers with a smile.
- Describing Green Table as an organic, gluten free restaurant with fresh food made from scratch daily.
- Describing menu items and daily featured items.
- Assisting customers in the ordering process by making recommendations and explaining the nutritional value of each item.
- Up-selling matcha and juice drinks.
- Creating juice blends according to customer and restaurant specifications.
- Delivering drinks and food to customers at their tables.
- Busing tables and countertops to ensure cleanliness in the restaurant.
- Processing payments promptly and correctly.
- Offering kind and friendly words to the customer including “enjoy your meal” and "hope to see you again soon.”
- Inviting customers to recommend to friends or write a Yelp or Google review.
- Re-stocking water station with utensils, napkins, disposable cups, and straws, and refilling the water dispenser when necessary.
- Following recipes accurately.
- Minimizing waste when possible.
- Following all cleanliness and sanitation procedures including frequent hand-washing.
- Completing all side-work as directed by the end of the shift.
- Assisting in a team effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
- Every team member is expected to:
- Provide great service by serving great food with a great attitude.
- Complete projects and assignments thoroughly, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Adjust to high-pressure situations and remain open to change.
- Assume responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Express ideas and convey information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Be respectful of peers and co-workers.
- Work to resolve disagreements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Special skills or knowledge necessary for this position:
- Prior cashier/ restaurant experience.
- Nutritional knowledge is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds using strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during periods of crisis.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Daily physical requirements:
- Must be able to stand during entire shift, often 8+ hours.
- Must be able to reach, bend, squat and lift throughout shit.
- Must be able to carry plates and lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds up to 5 times per shift.
- Must be comfortable with some exposure to steam, high temperatures, and humidity.