Are you tired of all the unhealthy, fast-food locations you see when driving down the street? Do you have a passion for learning to make new recipes? Do you enjoy working with organic, gluten free, and vegetarian ingredients? Do you want to make and serve healthy and nutritious food to the people in your community? If you answered yes to these questions, then you should consider being a Prep Cook for Green Table. Green Table is a revolutionary restaurant located in Santa Barbara that takes pride in being a health conscious restaurant where people enjoy spending time. What are you waiting for? Put in your application today!
As a Prep Cook, your job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Preparing assigned items according to the Prep Lists set by management.
- Properly measuring and assembling ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes.
- Using scales to ensure proper portioning of food items.
- Minimizing waste of products.
- Accepting or rejecting ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Cleaning, organizing, and maintaining refrigerator, prep room, and storage area.
- Maintaining prep area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Stocking/restocking items as necessary.
- Rinsing and cutting raw food products.
- Rotating product according to “First In, First Out” method of inventory to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Understanding and complying with food safety and temperature standards.
- Notifying a Management immediately if a customer has a complaint.
- Assisting in an entire team effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
Every team member is expected to:
- Provide great service by serving great food with a great attitude.
- Complete projects and assignments thoroughly, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Easily adjust to high pressure situations and change.
- Assume responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Express ideas and convey information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Be respectful of peers and co-workers.
- Work to resolve disagreements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Special skills or knowledge necessary for this position:
- Full-Service Restaurant Kitchen Experience.
- Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds using strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during periods of crisis.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Daily physical requirements:
- Must be able to stand during entire shift, often 8+ hours.
- Must be able to reach, bend, squat and lift throughout shift.
- Must be able to carry plates, and lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds up to 5 times per shift.
- Must be comfortable with some exposure to steam, high temperatures, and humidity.